On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Gavin Sharp <ga...@gavinsharp.com> wrote:

> Indeed. Somewhat off-topic for this thread, but I think this "let's
> provide primitives and let other people build higher-level libraries"
> trend for Web platform features is pretty dangerous.

On the other hand, I think that the approach of "spec and build 100
narrowly-focused features to solve 100 similar-but-different use-cases", as
followed by (e.g.) CSS to date, is also dangerous.

"Guess what the right feature is, build it, and ship it, because you can't
prototype solutions on top of the existing platform" is dangerous too.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*