I think this is a great idea, unless there are severe financial/contractual obligations!

Cheers,
Ehsan

On 2013-10-10 12:22 PM, Botond Ballo wrote:
Hi everyone,

Judging by the responses to my thread [1] about the C++ Standards Committee
meeting a couple of weeks ago, there seems to be a fair bit of interest in
the standardization of some new C++ language features and libraries.

A lot of the committee members are engineers at companies with large C++
codebases that have a stake in the future of the language. It occurred
to me that Mozilla is such a company, and we are not currently represented
by anyone on the committee.

Official representation at the committee would give Mozilla the ability
to have a voice in discussions of existing proposals, make new proposals,
and vote for acceptance/rejection of proposals. It would allow us to
participate in the design of future C++ features that may affect us in
significant ways, such as reflection and modules.

Is there any interest in having Mozilla be officially represented at the
C++ Standards Committee?

Thanks,
Botond

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/l_vlbIhy8Vw