I think you are attacking from the wrong angle. Being responsible in an
Enterprise for quite a few sites, most issues I have are, where all current
formats fail miserably. To make the point, see the two following Images, were I
have to live with PNG-24 huge sized files, due to a) alpha-transparancy
necessary or b) other formats fail from a visual perspective.
https://www.netzclub.net/css/default/start_flatman_videos.png
and
https://www.fonic.de/assets/images/bg.png
So I am not so much in a need of a compressor, which is able to shave off a
couple of bytes on standard photo-like images, but in a desperate need of an
efficient encoder for 256+ colour like palette-driven colour-gradient graphs,
photos with alpha transparancy, or, even more so, of a mixture of both.