On 11/25/2013 12:02 PM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
Because one of the long-term possibilities discussed for solving this
issue is releasing a 64-bit version of Firefox, I additionally broke
down the "OOM" crashes into users running a 32-bit version of Windows
and users running a 64-bit version of Windows:

OOM,win64,15744
OOM,win32,42097

I did this by checking the "TotalVirtualMemory" annotation in the crash
report: if it reports 4G of TotalVirtualMemory, then the user has a
64-bit Windows, and if it reports either 2G or 3G, the user is running a
32-bit Windows. So I do not expect that doing Firefox for win64 will
help users who are already experiencing memory issues, although it may
well help new users and users who are running memory-intensive
applications such as games.

So we're clear, this analysis is of 32bit Firefox builds running a 64bit Windows OS, right? So the process is still limited to 4GB of address space. Wouldn't a native 64bit Firefox build have significantly higher address space available to it?