Speaking of the troubles with 80 character line lengths, I find I often need to write variable and function declaration/calls like this:

https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/8f1c9cdedba5/layout/style/nsCSSParser.cpp#l429
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/8f1c9cdedba5/layout/style/nsCSSParser.cpp#l2182

I think this kind of wrapping, where if you can't fit the first argument on the line then you put it on a new line, but leave the opening paren on the first line, is reasonably common. I tend to align the arguments so that they right align with the 80 character column (or somewhere close), although that then can result in unnecessary churn when renaming/adding/removing arguments. It would be good if the style guide could say what to do here.