Count me as another person in favor of an 80-column hard limit because of being able to open two files side-by-side with that limit, but not anything wider (even 100 is too wide). I spend a lot of time with an editor window tiled against a whole bunch of MXR tabs.

I either don't care or can live with everything else under discussion. (If there were a chance of getting rid of the useless scoping prefixes on *everything*, as a big bang rewrite-the-entire-tree change, I would be for it. But somehow I don't think that's going to happen.)

zw