On Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:34:54 PM UTC-8, Mike Hommey wrote:
> - We could include the xulrunner and xulrunner-stub executables as part
>   of firefox. xulrunner-stub is small and self-contained, and xulrunner
>   could be replaced by something that calls firefox -app. Or we could
>   make the firefox executable check under what name it's called and act
>   accordingly.

As I stated earlier, if we get this going quickly, I have no long-term
objection.  That said, it's almost time for an ESR cycle on mozilla-central,
and that is cause for concern.

I'd like to get a clarified list of requirements for the Firefox SDK:

* Will we support a stub executable?
* Will we support an install-app capability in the SDK?
* Will Mac SDK users be able to create .app files that actually work?
  * Will they have a XUL.framework in them?
* Will we still publish headers, binary tools, etc. in a convenient package for
component developers to use?
* Can we import Philipp Kewisch's wonderful remote debugger extension, so that
Firefox can remotely debug the XULRunner app?  (By the way, that works in XR
apps now.)
* Will we have automated regression tests run daily to make sure the SDK is
still viable?
* What obvious requirements am I missing from this list?
* Can we get everything in place and make an ESR SDK as well?