Am 15.01.2014 23:08, Marcio Galli wrote:
> Something to check, that resides between engineering and legal, is how
> easy it will be for a  third-party to ship the Firefox code (with the
> --app). While I understand that no UI is to be shown, I believe that
> we need to check legal aspects regarding the use of Firefox code -
> it's restrictions and consequences, let s say to bump a case - think
> of a bug in Gecko or something else that would lift behavior from
> Firefox bits and pieces with trademarks.

My understanding (and I'm not a Mozilla lawyer or anything, so it would
be good for someone from the legal team to give final answers here):

- Distributing an unmodified, official Firefox build should not be a
problem, even if you use it just to start another application using the
--app switch).

- Building a custom, possibly modified version of Firefox as "XULRunner
replacement" and distributing that should not be a problem if built with
the "unofficial" branding (the default), since this branding should not
contain any trademarks.

Philipp