On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Robert O'Callahan <rob...@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> I've already given my feedback on the cairo mailing list. Summary: Moz2D is
> the right thing for us, and probably for other application frameworks, but
> for applications that just want to draw their stuff on the screen or to
> print, cairo might be a better fit. Anyway ti doesn't really matter to us
> what the C++ people do.

It might matter to us in the context of asm.js. It seems likely that
if something like Moz2D became the standard API then we'd be able to
optimize it more easily than we'd be able to optimize an API that
worked much differently than Moz2D.

Also, if Moz2D seems like the right thing for other application
frameworks too, then that is useful feedback to pass back to the C++
committee.

Cheers,
Brian