I don't follow what you have in mind. Assuming that you suggest we move
to sqlite, you seem to be suggesting that we should considerably
increase the amount of I/O. Or do I misunderstand what you say?

Also, readability of sqlite being better than that of json is quite
debatable.

Best regards,
 David

On 28/06/14 18:18, Tobias Besemer wrote:
> OK, I made a short test with:
> sqlite3.exe places.sqlite ".dump" >places.dump
>
> It creates in my case a file with ~9.5MB.
> But it is really fast !!! :D
> Also it is much better readable with an editor then JSON and can be used in
> any other program that can handle SQL ...
>
> I think 3MB more for each backup is OK ...
> Better - if HD is a prob - just make 10 backups then 15 ... IMHO ...

David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD
 Performance Team, Mozilla