On 2014-08-26, 11:16 AM, Lars Hansen wrote:
From: "Ehsan Akhgari" <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 5:03:31 PM
Subject: Re: Switching to Visual Studio 2013

I would like us to update the minimum supported MSVC version to 2012 as
soon as possible.  That will give us access to the following C++
features which are all supported on gcc 4.4 (aka our Vintage Compiler)
and MSVC starting from 2012:

* Variadic templates
* Strongly typed enums
* Initializer lists
* The ability to use decltype for non-trivial things (MSVC2010's
decltype support is pretty buggy)

As well as the C++11 <atomic> subsystem, which did not appear until MSVC2012:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh874894%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

We cannot use most new library features due to the lack of support in stlport which we use on b2g.