Great question Brian!

I believe you are asking if we would generate alerts based on individual
tests instead of the summary of tests.  The short answer is no.  In looking
at reporting the subtest results as new alerts, we found there was a lot of
noise (especially in svgx, tp5o, dromaeo, v8) as compared to the summary
alerts.  cart/tart has a bit of noise which might be more realistic, to
report specific pages on, we could investigate this more if there is a
strong need for it.

late last year we cleaned up our summary reporting to be a geometric mean
of all the pages/subtests which were run.  This means that we do a better
job of reporting a regression of the test summary when a specific test is
the cause.

One thing we have been working on is a compare mode to perfherder which
replaces compare-talos.  This is live (
https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html#/comparechooser - although
changing rapidly) and will do a great job of telling you which specific
test caused a regression.

Do you have concerns about a lack of reporting subtests, or tooling to make
finding the results easier?  suggestions are welcome, this is something we
work on regularly and improve to make our lives easier!

-Joel