Things are still changing with Talos- many things are becoming easier, while
others still have kinks to work out- here are a few things which have changed
recently:

1) Android talos has been reduced to what is useful- it should run faster and
sets us up for migrating to autophone next quarter
2) compare-talos is in perfherder
(https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html#/comparechooser), other instances of
compare-talos have a warning message at the top indicating you should use
perfherder.  We will deprecate those instances of compare-talos next quarter
completely.
3) datazilla no longer collects talos data.  This has been stopped on all
branches we care about and we will be turning datazilla off completely next
month!
4) talos counters are now streamlined a bit and showing up in perfherder
(https://treeherder.mozilla.org/perf.html#/graphs)
5) compare view in perfherder has a more realistic comparison algorithm to
point out regressions/improvements.

upcoming work:
1) finish evaluating talos counters - collect only what is useful
2) continue polishing perfherder graphs, compare-view
3) start generating alerts from perfherder (in parallel to graph server)
4) document and work on a smoother method for getting enough data and comparing
data points on try pushes, regressions on the tree, and running tests locally.

A lot of good ideas come in from various folks (usually folks who are
investigating a regression or worried about a change they are making).  While
in Whistler, we would love to show folks how these tools currently work, walk
through the end game and ideal use cases, and brainstorm on things we are
overlooking.

If you are interested, do look for a performance discussion on the schedule.
It has yet to be scheduled.