On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Karl Tomlinson <mozn...@karlt.net> wrote:

> I think we could relax the 'a' prefix requirement to be a
> convention used when identifying the variable as a parameter is
> useful.  My opinion is that this is useful for most parameters in
> all non-trivial functions, but others disagree.

I don't think that helps.

One of the primary benefits of style rules is that they eliminate (or
rather, reduce) the uncertainty and churn that comes from different
reviewers having different preferences.

Suppose I add a new method signature in a patch. If Alice finds a-prefixing
useful and Bob does not, my likelihood of receiving a review nit depends on
who's reviewing it - i.e. per-reviewer style guides, which are strictly
worse than per-module style guides, which are strictly worse than a single
style guide.

bholley