On 10/23/2015 2:42 PM, Ehsan Akhgari wrote:

Firefox hg repos will adapt to their changes, so the Thunderbird hg repos will adapt to changes.

That doesn't answer my question.

No, but it does address that issue that you brought up, whether discussions of other major directions for Thunderbird (branching, Electron) have a bearing on whether hg (and mozilla-central) makes sense for Thunderbird. My point is our position is no different than the position of Firefox.

Let me rephrase. Are Thunderbird and SeaMonkey committed towards long term maintenance of their code, should it be moved into mozilla-central? That is the bare minimum necessary (but not sufficient) condition for having this conversation.

If you want a yes/no answer, the answer is "yes" (for Thunderbird, I cannot speak for Seamonkey). But I doubt if my personal "yes" is sufficient, which is why I gave some details on concrete actions that we are taking to develop the resources to maintain our code. If my personal "yes" is not sufficient, and my comments on planning are not helpful, what would be helpful to gauge our commitment?

:rkent