On 10/23/15 11:22 PM, Bobby Holley wrote:
>> What's even more sad is that it's at the expense of Thunderbird (and
>> > SeaMonkey) *and* at the expense of Firefox build system changes.
>> >
> That may be a reason for the people working on the build system to refactor
> it without consideration for Thunderbird. That may sound heartless, but it
> is the current directive from the organization that is paying us to work on
> m-c.

>From what I've understood from the build system folks, I think that
refactoring the build system without taking c-c into account wouldn't be
much of a problem if the merge happens.

There are Thunderbird folks that will happily use their free time to
look into bustages resulting from build system changes, we are already
doing that today.

If we can come to the agreement that patches to the m-c build system
done by Thunderbird folks won't be outright rejected, I think we are
good. Of course these patches should avoid being special cases, but if
an assumption is made in the build system that can be generalized, I
think it would be beneficial to both sides.

Philipp