On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 9:45 PM, Bobby Holley <bobbyhol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Joshua Cranmer 🐧 <pidgeo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I also wonder why you have a peculiar insistence that comm-central code
>> must not appear to any contributor, given the continued existence of "stuff
>> that Firefox doesn't care about" in mozilla-central, such as support for
>> tier-3 platforms (do we still have QT code in the tree) or xulrunner.
>

> FWIW, I personally think we should remove things things from the tree.

I think we shouldn't remove Qt support from the tree. Jolla ships a
Qt-based Gecko-based browser. Sure, their market share is tiny, but
they are still contributing to making Gecko *in a Web browser* (as
opposed to an email client or something else non-Web) available to
more mobile users and they do a better job at delivering updates than
FxOS vendors do. I think it's very sad that they have to do it without
support from us and that they feel like they need to tweet
https://twitter.com/zzste/status/433236310816333824 and retweet from
their corporate Twitter account only to be ignored.

If anything, I think we should make it easier for them to do their
thing on m-c (not as tier-1, of course) and count their contribution
to the delivery of Gecko in a browser to users on mobile towards our
stats regarding reaching users on mobile.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@hsivonen.fi