On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Kearwood "Kip" Gilbert
<kgilb...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> In WebVR, we often present UI as a Head's Up Display (HUD) that floats
> in front of the user.  Additionally, we often wish to show 2d graphics,
> video, and CSS animations as a texture in 3d scenes.  Creating these
> textures is something that CSS and HTML are great at.
>
> Unfortunately, I am not aware of an easy and efficient way to capture an
> animated of an interactive HTML Element and bring it into the WebGL
> context.  A "moz-element" -like API would be useful here.

Is it possible to access pixels' color inside the texture? If yes,
please mind the privacy issue around :visited selector on links, as
users' history would be leaked via either painting link directly, or
painting an element using -moz-element(#a-link-element) as background.

More information can be found in [1] and also [2].

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Privacy_and_the_:visited_selector
[2]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Canvas_API/Drawing_DOM_objects_into_a_canvas#Security