On Tue, 26 Apr 2016, Martin Thomson wrote:

Maybe I'm unusual, but I just run debug builds when I want to investigate this sort of thing.

That's easy for you and for all of us suitably involved and technically aware. When ordinary users run into trouble and we ask them to wireshark their traffic as part of tracking down a problem, removing this feature will raise the bar substanially for them.

I can see the reasoning for this action, but I can also see how it will make our network debugging lives harder.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se