On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:58 AM, Till Schneidereit <
t...@tillschneidereit.net> wrote:

> That'll mean that Windows XP/Vista users won't have them.
>
> Might be ok, but means the bar for a decision like this should be somewhat
> higher than usual, I think.

Understood, but that does not change the difficulty of trying to maintain
ESR for 9+ months when trunk code looks completely different.  I think its
too risky from a security maintenance perspective.

Also, service workers are typically a progressive enhancement for most
sites.  Users still have access to content on the web.  They just lose
offline support and push notification alerts.

Ben