On 8/13/17 6:42 PM, Ed Morley wrote:
For the short term, Nightly users therefore have the following options:
a) Use latest nightly with legacy extensions disabled, and make do without
their extensions.

There is also a2): find webext based alternatives "by hand" (what I have done and intend to help those addon developers to improve before 57 goes to release). Note that in both cases (only two addons I really need to work - the rest is RIP now) are coming from *different* developers than the original xpcom-addons authors are.

And here is my question: do we have a story for how to automatically updated addons of RELEASE channel users going from 56 to 57? Given how we are gonna market 57, it would be sad that people after updating loose all their addons. It will be just frustrating and ruin the main goal of 57 effort.

Ed already mentioned that the addons manager doesn't automatically suggest or even update to webext alternatives. We really should have something like this SOON - the more automatic or fluent the better.

-hb-