On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Honza Bambas <hbam...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Ed already mentioned that the addons manager doesn't automatically suggest
> or even update to webext alternatives.  We really should have something
> like this SOON - the more automatic or fluent the better.

There is a "find a replacement" button next to disabled legacy extensions
in about:addons.  Ed's original comment was that if, eg, Adblock Plus has a
legacy version and a webextension version, we don't automatically direct
users with the disabled legacy version to the webextension.  That's mostly
because we don't actually have a straightforward way to do so, but it's
also only an issue for users on non-release channels.

-Andrew