On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 6:00 AM, Mark Banner <mban...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> There are some directories where we only import a file from a third-party
> and it is alongside other files in that same directory, e.g.
> testing/modules has "ajv-4.1.1.js" and "sinon-2.3.2.js" imported from
> elsewhere.
>
> How do they fit into this scheme?

Just quick comment: I was the one who added our vendored version of Ajv (in
bug 1267919), and the fact that it's a single file is just because it
wasn't clear to me how else to use it. I listed how to update it here
https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/6bfadf95b4a6aaa8bb3b2a166d6c3545983e179a/testing/modules/ajv-4.1.1.js#34-36
but it's clearly an awkward process, IMO preserving that process would be
worse than finding a better way to do it (and presumably that's where this
discussion is headed).

I suspect something similar is true for sinon, but can't speak for it.