On 2018/11/30 20:42, James Graham wrote:
On 30/11/2018 01:37, Masayuki Nakano wrote:
web-platform-tests: N/A due to requiring user input, but we have mochitests with synthesized events.

I think it should be possible to write web-platform-tests for this kind of thing now, using the testdriver API and in particular the actions support see e.g. [1], [2]

If this still doesn't meet your use case please let me know because we should work out how to make testing this kind of stuff possible cross-browser; as you well know UI events have been an interop nightmare in the past and we can't afford to let that situation continue into the future for new devices and APIs.

[1] https://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/testdriver.html
[2] https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/web-platform/tests/infrastructure/testdriver/actions/multiDevice.html

Thank you for the information.

I'm looking for the implementation of the keyboard event dispatchers, but I've not found it yet. Could you let me know where it is?

FYI: Generally, for testing Gecko itself, test API should fill all attributes of KeyboardEvent with usual value for the key unless testing special cases. Additionally, dispatched event should be trusted event and has widget internally, and propagated the DOM tree as actual user input events.

It seems that synthesized events won't be initialized with our widget nor tables in JS like synthesizeKey() in EventUtils.js. For example, keyCode value of punctuation keys are different between browsers/platforms/environments.

--
Masayuki Nakano <masay...@d-toybox.com>
Software Engineer, Mozilla