Hi,

The CA/B baseline requirement say that all RSA keys that are used
since since 1 january 2014 should have been at least 2048 bit.
All shorter than 2048 should have either expired or been revoked
by that date.  But it's still not the case.  We're currently
around 0.24% of the certificates that are being seen on the
internet that still are too short.

I've made a graph of the progress of this at which you can see at:
http://www.roeckx.be/certificates/rsa_small_zoom.png

If I do a linear interpolation of the last 3 months it looks like
we might end up with 0% around January 2015, only 1 year after it
was supposed to be the case.  I hope the current trend stays that
way.

But I would like to start enforcing the 2048 bit as soon as
possible.  Do we have some criteria for at which point we're
willing to break compatibility?

There are still a few new certificates generated with 1024 bits.
I've been filing bugs about those and there were only a few so
far this month.  Maybe we can set a date from which we won't be
accepting certificates with a smaller than 2048 bit key generated
after that date?

Should I put an effort into trying to get those certificates that
are still seen revoked?

Kurt