On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 02:45:26PM +0100, Gervase Markham wrote:
> On 17/05/15 23:28, Peter Bowen wrote:
> > This would seem to be a fairly simple rule.
>
> Indeed. However, this has not addressed my question about whether the
> security analysis for government CAs is different to that of commercial
> CAs. :-)

Short answer: no.  Both a commercial CA and a government CA has the same
ability to damage the Internet PKI, and thus they should be held to the same
standards.

- Matt

--
Some people are like slinkies.  They don't actually serve any real purpose, but
they still make you smile when you push them down the stairs.