On Tue, September 8, 2015 12:10 am, Jürgen Brauckmann wrote:
>  No, they would not abide to mozillas policies, because they would
>  violate the requirements set forth by the audit schemes.
>
>  Juergen

Hi Juergen,

I fear that others using the store for S/MIME or code-signing would think
the same as you. The reality is that this is not the case, which is why
it's all the more reason to make an informed decision.

As it stands, you could do each of those things I explicitly mentioned and
still pass a "WebTrust for CAs" audit with flying colours, and argue full
adherence to Mozilla's policies at the same time. We know when there's
been a benefit of the doubt due to misinterpretation, the Root Store
Module Owners/Peers have erred on the side of being generous with the
interpretation, so there's probably more that Honest Achmed (or his
relative, Evil CA Achmed) could do - that defies expectations, but
complies with all requirements.

Regards,
Ryan