On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 05:43:39PM -0700, Peter Bowen wrote:

> Some CAs may choose to not issue to sites known to inject malware, but
> this outside the scope of the SSL requirements.  The EV Guidelines it
> very clear that the reputation and actions of the Subject are not in
> scope:

knowingly issuing/tolerating certificates for sites known to inject
malware is
* contrary to user expectaions
* possible case of criminal felony and a liablility issue

So irrespective of what EV Guidelines say there may be other common
sense reasons to require revocation of such certificates and I would
not want Mozilla to underbid the already minimalistic security
promise of TLS.

Having an identity established by EV is nice but in most cases of
malware attacks the user has no chance to examine this identity if
the attack comes in an injected iframe.

Richard

--
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers