On Tue, 17 May 2016 12:51:53 +0200, Hubert Kario wrote:

> problem is, that this is a slippery slope. What's malware for one person
> is a research subject for another. What's inflammatory or misleading
> information for one person is parody and joke material to other. What's
> illegal in one jurisdiction is completely legal and normal or at least
> socially acceptable behaviour in another.

I've had problems in the past because files that I host consistently
trigger antivirus warnings, despite being harmless (examples: GIMP
installer for Windows, debug data for GIMP and wget, netcat for Windows).
Luckily, the worst that came from it were some e-mail exchanges and a
lengthy phonecall with my ISP, but I know of people who lost their hosting
thanks to having files that were similarly triggering false antivirus
alerts.

--
begin  .sig
< Jernej Simončič ><>◊<>< jernej|s-ng at eternallybored.org >