On 21/09/16 15:06, Rob Stradling wrote:
<snip>
> I ran some queries earlier today on the crt.sh DB, to find all CNs,
> dNSNames and iPAddresses in all unexpired certs whose issuer names
> include either "WoSign" or "StartCom".  Then I cross-referenced that
> with the latest PSL data to discover the unique base domains:

Someone contacted me off-list (thanks!) to point out that my lists were
incomplete.  I'd missed a load of base domains delegated below the new
gTLDs.  (I hadn't spotted that my local copy of
https://data.iana.org/TLD/tlds-alpha-by-domain.txt was rather out of date).

Updated count and gists...

WoSign:
  Unique Base Domains: 127,355

StartCom:
  Unique Base Domains: 259,712

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/robstradling/813138699b8527c1af58b4aa784c2d8f/raw/11fc8efbb0e594a12b3c5e2e76d9a9e474e24ea9/wosign_base_domains.txt

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/robstradling/813138699b8527c1af58b4aa784c2d8f/raw/11fc8efbb0e594a12b3c5e2e76d9a9e474e24ea9/startcom_base_domains.txt

> WoSign:
>   Unique CNs/dNSNames: 395,222
>   Unique Base Domains: 118,785
>   Unique IP Addresses: 154
>
> StartCom:
>   Unique CNs/dNSNames: 706,020
>   Unique Base Domains: 249,841
>   Unique IP Addresses: 0
<snip>

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist

COMODO CA Limited, Registered in England No. 04058690
Registered Office:
  3rd Floor, 26 Office Village, Exchange Quay,
  Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ

addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to
this email may be monitored by COMODO for operational or business
reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free
from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is
requested to use their own virus checking software.