Nick Lamb, on 02 October 2016 17:50, said..
> The first thing that jumps out at me from their report is that they
mistake .sb
> for a gTLD when it is actually a ccTLD.

That was a mistake in writing the report.
The point is that it is a TLD.

> The second thing obviously is that they do have exactly the "rule" Richard
> Wang described, and they believe this was justified under the BRs old
3.2.2.4
> method 7 (which isn't a method at all, it's basically a catch-all).
>
> I examined the Comodo CPS and wasn't able to find any mention of this
rule.
> Indeed based on the CPS I would have assumed that control over a website
> www.example.com would under no circumstances be sufficient to get a
> certificate for the name example.com from Comodo and I would be grateful
> if anyone can point me to where they have written that it is.

I can't speak to your assumptions, but I concede that it is not explicit in
the CPS.

It is now documented at
https://secure.comodo.com/api/pdf/latest/Domain%20Control%20Validation.pdf
and in the knowledgebase article at:
https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/791/16/alte
rnative-methods-of-domain-control-validation-dcv

Regards
Robin Alden
Comodo