On Thursday, 19 January 2017 20:20:24 UTC, Jakob Bohm  wrote:
> Google's CT initiative in its current form has serious privacy problems
> for genuine certificate holders.  I applaud any well-run CA that stands
> up to this attack on the Internet at large.

I notice that you have not specifically identified which Certificate
Authorities you believe are "well-run", perhaps your argument would have more
force if you could name some market leaders in that category.

As a Relying Party for the Web PKI I think Google's initiative makes a sensible
trade off, you can't have privacy while also delivering oversight. The public
CAs are clearly in need of oversight. This did not happen in a vacuum but as a
consequence of trusted Certificate Authorities exhibiting incompetence and
greed over many years.