As Ryan said, thanks for informing m.d.s.policy about this issue. I am
interested in the same general area as Ryan but I will ask my question
separately, feel free to answer them together.

Has GoDaddy been following ACME https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/acme/charter/
development, either with a view to eventually implementing ACME, or just to
learn the same lessons about automating domain validation ?

Perhaps the most surprising thing the ACME WG discovered was that due to a
common misconfiguration customers sharing a bulk host can often answer HTTPS
requests for other people's sites that haven't for whatever reason enabled SSL
yet. GoDaddy's validation method as described would be vulnerable to this
problem. Can you say what, if anything, GoDaddy does to avoid being tricked
into issuing a certificate on this basis ?