Hi Richard,

My point was that policy requirement simply states that there needs to be a
procedure, but does not establish any normative requirements. For example,
a CA could develop, maintain, and implement procedures which states that
any certificate that is qualified as High Risk requires Gerv Markham's
personal seal of approval - and could define the way to do so - but they
could also say that "Only certificates requested by Gerv Markham are
considered High Risk"

Alternatively, a CA could deem that all High Risk certificates will require
a second DNS resolution after 30 seconds, to make sure that the first was
not forged. And that can be developed, maintained, and implemented - but
again, doesn't do what you want.

Your suggestion - which was worded as specific domains, but if I might be
as bold as to suggest what you meant to say, likely meant substrings in
domains - implies that there is a certain common requirement either on how
to handle such High Risk requests (block/manually approve/require Gerv's
personal seal of approval imbued upon a wax maintained at a 78 degree
centrigrade temperature for no less than 30 minutes prior to imbuing) or
how to define what is high risk (e.g. substring, CAA, "people we don't like
because they embarrassed us")

Because the BRs (and Mozilla policy) neither specify what _is_ High Risk or
what is _acceptable_ when a High Risk request is processed, it does not
make any sense to suggest particular domains (or substrings) be prohibited
without tackling those two issues first. This is why I suggested that the
solution you've proposed, under the current policies in play, has zero
effect. If you believe your solution is right/appropriate, then the first
step would be to change the policies.