Hi Richard,

Peter's point is that there is no standard definition of a "high-risk"
request." It is a term defined in Section 1.6.1:

"High Risk Certificate Request: A Request that the CA flags for additional
scrutiny by reference to internal criteria and databases maintained by the
CA, which may include names at higher risk for phishing or other fraudulent
usage, names contained in previously rejected certificate requests or
revoked Certificates, names listed on the Miller Smiles phishing list or
the Google Safe Browsing list, or names that the CA identifies using its
own risk‐mitigation criteria."

Because of the ambiguity of the definition, CAs are essentially given full
discretion over what THEY think high risk is. You are allowed to say
domains containing the string "apple" are high risk, and treat them as
such. However, other CAs are allowed to decide that isn't high risk.

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Richard Wang via dev-security-policy <

> I don't agree this.
> If "apple", "google", "Microsoft" is not a high risk domain, then I don’t
> know which domain is high risk domain, maybe only "github".
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Richard

Vincent Lynch