These Intermediate CAs are sub-CAs under the Verisign Universal Root CA. They
are covered under Symantec’s Non-Fed SSP audits, and the latest unqualified
audits that we just received are being published.

The customer-specific CAs (the subordinate ICAs) signed by these sub-CAs are
path length constrained and operate fully within Symantec’s infrastructure.
Under the Non-Federal SSP program, they are used to issue certificates for
Microsoft Windows domain controllers and IPSec endpoints. End entity
certificates issued under this program are designed only to contain Federal PKI
policy OIDs and to exclude any CA/B Forum required policy OIDs.