On Wednesday, 18 October 2017 10:15:03 UTC+1, Rob Stradling  wrote:
> I've completed a full scan of the crt.sh DB, which found 171 certs with
> ROCA fingerprints.
>
> The list is at https://misissued.com/batch/28/
>
> Many of these are Qualified/EUTL certs rather than anything to do with
> the WebPKI.  Only about half of them chain to roots that are trusted by NSS.

I have been looking mainly at those certificates which seem like they might be
accepted by plausible Web PKI clients (say, curl for example) regardless of
their root.

Several have a property that passes the Infineon fingerprint test as written
but I believe it's as a result of some other (even worse?) flaw in the actual
key generation method used for these keys. The ones that most confused me have
M mod p = 1 for all small primes p. The odds against that happening by chance
with fair random candidates are astronomical. I am pretty sure they aren't from
Infineon devices because earlier work showed the Infineon key gen process gives
a very narrow range of Most Significant Bytes for the modulus, and the strange
moduli are outside that range.

For example: https://crt.sh/?id=13734110

Whatever is wrong with these keys it's separate from the Infineon issue.