> > > Even if it is, someone filed the paperwork.  Court houses have clerks,
> > > guards, video cameras, etc...  It still may present a real physical
point
> > > from which to bootstrap an investigation.
> >
> > Court houses also have online systems. I think if you read both Ian and
James' work, you'll see the issues they're raising address this
hypothetical.

> I shall certainly read their work closely on that matter.  In my
experience, these generally don't allow filings for new businesses from
those not previously known to the court/registrar in real life.

I can say from my own experience, in some states in the US, it's a trivial
matter to create a company online, with no validation of identity or other
information. It takes about 10 minutes, and you'll have all the paperwork
the next day. When I did this (in a state I had never done business in
before), there was absolutely no identity checks, no identity documents,
nothing at all that would tie the business to me if I had lied. Creating a
business with no connection to the people behind it is a very, very simple
thing to do.