Hi Doug,

Thanks for the quick response.

On 24/01/18 11:52, Doug Beattie wrote:
> In the case below, the customer ordered a 39 month certificate and
> set the notBefore date for 2 months into the future.

Momentary 2017/2018 confusion in my brain had me thinking that this was
further into the future than it actually was. But yet still, it is the
other side of a reduction in certificate lifetime deadline.

> We permit customers to set a notBefore date into the future, possibly
> for the reason listed below, but there could be other reasons.

So if a customer came to you today and renewed their certificate for
www.example.com with validity from 24th Jan 2017 to 24th Apr 2020
(perfectly fine), and then requested a second 39-month certificate valid
from 24th Apr 2020 to 24th July 2023, would you issue this second one?

Gerv