On 27/12/2018 16:55, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 10:41 AM Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <

He described three combined conditions to be met. You've described a
situation "What if you meet two, but not three". I believe that was
originally captured in his question, so what new information is being
asked
about here?

Using Firefox policies to reconfigure the browser is not a relevant
alternative for genuinely public web servers in the age of HTTPS-
everywhere.  That's the difference from the other combinations.

I'm sorry, but I still fail to see the question there. That seems to be a
statement of opinion.

Do you believe it's mischaracterizing your question as effectively
restating "What happens if you meet two, but not all three?" If you do,
perhaps you could help clarify what your original question is, without any
statement about what you believe or presume the answer to be. That seems
the best way to get the information you feel is lacking.

Yes, you are consistently mischaracterizing everything I post.

My question was a refinement of the original question to the one case
where the alternative in the original question (configuring the browser
to trust a non-default PKI) would not be meaningful.

Enjoy

Jakob