On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 9:00 PM Ryan Sleevi <r...@sleevi.com> wrote:

> I'm not really sure I understand this response at all. I'm hoping you can
> clarify.
>
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 3:45 PM James Burton <j...@0.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> For a CA to intentionally state that they are going to violate the BR
>> requirements means that that CA is under immense pressure to comply with
>> demands or face retribution.
>>

> I'm not sure I understand how this flows. Comply with whose demands? Face
> retribution from who, and why?

The CA must be under immense pressure to comply with demands from certain
customers to determine that they don't have much of a choice but to
intentionally violate the BR requirements and by telling community and root
stores early they are hoping for leniency. The retribution by them
customers could be legal which is outside of this forum but is but it's
still relevant to them if that is the case.

>> The severity inflicted on a CA by intentionally violating the BR
>> requirements can be severe. Rolling a dice of chance. Why take the risk?
>>

> I'm not sure I understand the question at the end, and suspect there's a
> point to the question I'm missing.

The CA is rolling the dice of chance, they are intentionally risking
everything by violating the BR requirements and they know that such action
can face sanctions or distrust in the wrong case. The question I asked is
why are they taking the risk which leads from the first statement.