I can't speak for the BRs, but I think root programs have considered this,
and have discouraged it in the absence of strong technically-enforcable
controls (e.g. being technically prevented from TLS certificates). Some
root programs have gone to a further extreme, and suggested that no
divergence is permitted in the CP/CPS (e.g. separate "root" per use case).

While they may operate on similar setups and configurations, given the risk
to clients, I think CAs should take steps to segment their hierarchies on a
real and technical level (e.g. no cross-pollination of keys and
certificates).

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 5:38 PM Pedro Fuentes via dev-security-policy <