Understanding these arguments, I think it must considered that there are
practical implications for the CAs to have Roots dedicated to each use-case.
Having multiple Roots is neither encouraged nor well seen by some Root
programs. Also, for a CA, adding a new Root is not only relatively onerous, but
is specially impacting in time to market (at least 9 months to have it in the
Mozilla Program, if everything goes smooth), while separating issuing CAs for
each CP is much more easy... Actually just checking the EKUs in the subscriber
certificate should be also enough to apply rules in most cases.

We, for example, created a new Root to have a purely ECC hierarchy... But
having in mind the possibility to issue client-authentication certificates for
IoT projects where is not desirable having to install a Root in the OS, and
where it could be interesting to support suspension during the device
life-cycle. You can guess that there's a big impact if disallowing suspension
in the whole hierarchy because we could eventually also issue TLS certificates.

In any case, clear regulation is always the best thing to have, even if the
result is not convenient for all... I personally don't like working in grey
zones that are prone to interpretation and later be "hammered" if someone has a
different criteria.

Well... I guess my question wasn't so silly after all :)