These so called "extended" validation vetting checks on companies for
extended validation certificates are supposed to provide the consumer
on the website with an high level of assurance that the company has
been properly validated but the fact is that these so called
"extended" validation vetting checks are nothing more than basic
checks. The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in the United Kingdom
conducts more vetting checks on an individual applying for an basic
DBS check than CAs do for an so called "extended" validation
certificates for companies.

I serious doubts over the methods used by CAs to conduct these so
called "extended" validation vetting checks. This is from personal
experience of going through dozens of dozens of validation checks of
all types of certificates with different CAs.

These so called "extended" validation certificates should be removed
forthwith because it is not performing the intended job it was
supposed to be made for and given that these so called "extended"
validation certificates are nothing more than basic checks it is in a
way falsely advertising to consumers on these websites that uses these
so called "extended" validation certificates that they have been
validated to an "extended" level of vetting which they have not.

Burton