From: Alex Cohn <a...@alexcohn.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:25 AM
To: Jeremy Rowley <jeremy.row...@digicert.com>
Cc: Wayne Thayer <wtha...@mozilla.com>;
mozilla-dev-security-pol...@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: DigiCert OCSP services returns 1 byte

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:09 PM Jeremy Rowley via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org<mailto:dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>>
 wrote:
This means, for example, that (i) a CA must provide OCSP services and responses
in accordance with the Mozilla policy for all pre-certificates as if
corresponding certificate exists and (ii) a CA must be able to revoke a
pre-certificate if revocation of the certificate is required under the Mozilla
policy and the corresponding certificate doesn't actually exist and therefore
cannot be revoked.

Should a CA using a precertificate signing certificate be required to provide
OCSP services for their precertificates? Or is it on the relying party to
calculate the proper OCSP request for the final certificate and send that
instead? In other words, should we expect a CT-naïve OCSP checker to work
normally when presented, e.g., with https://crt.sh/?id=1868433277?

Alex