On 6/7/2020 11:39 π.μ., Paul van Brouwershaven via dev-security-policy wrote:
As follow up to Dimitris comments I tested the scenario where a
sibling issuing CA [ICA 2] with the OCSP signing EKU (but without
digitalSignature KU) under [ROOT] would sign a revoked OCSP response for
[ICA] also under [ROOT]
https://gist.github.com/vanbroup/84859cd10479ed95c64abe6fcdbdf83d

I was actually surprised to see that certutil fails to validate decode the
OCSP response in this scenario. But this doesn't say it's not a problem as
other responders or versions might accept the response.

I will try to perform the same test on Mac in a moment.

Thank you very much Paul, this is really helpful.

Dimitris.