Frank Hecker wrote:
Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
Without offending, but does Johnathan has the right background for this? I don't know, but if I remember right his specializations are in different fields...

Johnathan and other Mozilla people, e.g., members of the NSS team, have participated actively in CAB Forum meetings and related discussions. IMO they have as good a grasp of the relevant issues as Gerv or I.
In General the NSS team has focused on implementability of the standard (on the browser side), and some basic cryptography (key sizes of various certificates).

Draft 11 was proposed as a standard in Oct 2006 in order to meet the deadline for inclusion in Vista. Mozilla abstained on that vote due to the closed nature of the spec (it was not publicly available at the time). Objections to the draft up to that point was mainly that it was too restrictive.

I would be OK with accepting validations started before June 12, 2007 based on Draft 11. Webtrust's chart indicates that their validations switched to 1.0 immediately on it's approval by the CAB (including mid-evaluation for those that weren't completed before June 12, 2007). This is pretty much true of all early EV issuers, and should clear itself out once the revaluations are completed.

bob