On 12/29/2008 03:09 AM, Ian G:

The point I have made is that the discussion of Comodo's operations is
outside scope of this forum. You may feel that you have an opinion, and
you have a right to it. However, this forum is not for the investigation
of breaches or failures to comply with policies.

If you dislike that, don't start a war against me. Suggest a policy
change to Mozilla. If you want wordings, try this:

x. Any breaches of security or failures to comply will be
discussed in the policy forum of Mozilla, a ruling by consensus
delivered, and will be binding on the CA.

I don't think you are entirely correct, Ian. The community has its say, is free to discuss, suggest, propose, vent its anger and more. The ultimate decision lies with Frank and Mozilla's management, however discussions, suggestions, opinions, proposals are an important part of shaping those decisions I think. I'm saying this from experience as many times the mentioned above influenced decisions and/or resulted directly in actions. I think this is what makes Mozilla incredible unique.

Not every objection, suggestion or proposal results in a standing ovation obviously, but overall I'm quite pleased. And it's a two way street many times, as members of Mozilla and the community made suggestions or voiced their opinion, which directly lead to changes at the company *I* run. Sometimes this happened in the public forums, sometimes in private. The decisions are taken obviously elsewhere, however this forum directly influenced some them.

In that respect I disagree that this forum isn't the right place to discuss, disclose, propose, exchange thoughts and even investigate. I wouldn't know a better place. And in the same time, I'd disagree that the community should make the ultimate decision, the responsibility is clearly with the Mozilla Foundation (?) and must be decided there.

Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd.
Jabber: start...@startcom.org
Blog:   https://blog.startcom.org