On 28-Dec-08, at 11:43 AM, patri...@certstar.com wrote:

I have a good friend who is working 24/7 and sometimes uses my PC whe
visiting. It is easy to forget to change username on Google groups,
but of course it was my mistake. Sorry about the confusion.

Hi Patricia,

As you have no doubt realized, the questions and discussion about CertStar's practices around domain validation, certificate issuance, and sales solicitations will continue for some time. I appreciate your presence here answering them, and while we really are quite serious about ensuring the integrity of our CA program and make no apologies for that, I understand how it can be pretty unpleasant for you, and for that you have my sympathy.

The email address stuff, though, is pure noise. Use whatever address you want when you participate, and don't feel like you have to apologize for it. Because the issues Eddy raised are ones that we consider quite serious, there will be a tendency among some people here to demonize CertStar and, quite unfortunately I feel, its representatives as well. There's no excuse for that, and it's we as a community who should be apologizing for that part of this discussion.

My hope is that we can confine ourselves to the problematic practices at hand, the specific measures taken to avoid them in the future, and the consequences for our root program in terms of membership and policy changes. If some members of the forum can't do that, then you have my apologies, for whatever they're worth. It is better for all of us to have CertStar & Comodo participating in this discussion than for us to arrive at summary decisions in a one-sided manner.

Happy new year,

Johnathan

---
Johnathan Nightingale