On 4/4/2010 10:41 PM, Daniel Veditz wrote:
On 4/3/10 9:30 AM, johnjbarton wrote:
If the *users* of Firefox are truly in jeopardy, then this alert should
be provided to *users*. Since this alert is not shown to users I can
only assume that in fact there is no practical threat here. You're
putting this message in the Error Console because you can.

We plan on alerting users in a future update. This is fair warning
to server operators and those who are debugging their sites.

If this is a real threat don't users deserve a fair warning now? How is it ok to let users be compromised "only for a while"?

The Firefox 3.6.3 release shows how Mozilla can react if it knows about a real threat. So I have to conclude that you believe this threat is not significant.

In that case working to close this potential problem is a laudable work we all thank you for. Just please choose a more appropriate communications channel.

jjb